jueves, 30 de diciembre de 2010

A Week in the Life -A.N. FISCHER-





A Week in the Life is a visualisation of telecommunications data. The data sculpture represents my movement and communication made with my cell phone in one week. With this project I want to make people aware of the german telecommunications data retention act (Vorratsdatenspeicherung) which requires the telecommunications providers to collect the connection data of all customers, which is an unneccessary breach of privacy. What can be read from the sculpture is my position in the city through the cell sites I used.
The density of the cell sites reflects the speed and frequency of movement within the city. The more often I visited a place, the more cell sites were added to the map. To get the information for the data set, I wrote a software for my cell phone which recorded all the coordinates of the antennae, which I then converted to latitude and longitude. With this data I was able to create a map of Berlin. 


2 comentarios: